Southern Alberta EdTech Help Desk
Where you as an educator of Southern Alberta are able to come to for Technology help.
Click on this BLUE CIRCLE BUTTON in the bottom right hand corner of this page to chat with an Ed Tech expert educator.
We Support You With a Wide Range of Tools
– Microsoft 365 for Education
– Google Workspace for Education
– Apple Mac OS iPad OS
– Adobe Acrobat & Creative Cloud
– Kahoot, Pear deck, Waklet, Flipgrid
– D2L, Edsby, Edsembly
– Others available upon request
Logics Technology – Education Technology Resource Library:
Back to School 2021 Hybrid Learning
Minecraft Pause and Play Lesson Library
Frequently Asked Questions:
- In Edsby, can teachers print pages with student demographic information (parent names and contact info, student birthdays, etc.)?
- NO – Only students and admins can print this info.
- My Smart Notebook files are no longer interactive; I used to click and drag right on the SmartBoard to move things around. I’m wondering how can I get back to this way of working with the students
- I can recommend the use of the Google platform for interaction – even for interacting on your smartboard while in-person. See link to how to convert Smart Notebook Files into Google slides. https://youtu.be/n_36KjCYSoE
The Southern Alberta Ed Tech Help Desk is brought to you by:
What Education Technology is Versus Information Technology
Information Technology (IT)
The wifi is down or it is very slow in this area of the school.
I forgot my password to my account I need a password reset.
I have a new student in school and they need a new email account.
I clicked on this spam email and now a hacker has locked my email.
I need this app downloaded on all the devices across the school division.
Education Technology (ET)
Do you know why my changes aren’t saving for my new calendar times?
I have a student who cannot see the assignments once I have returned them back to them.
I am having trouble with breakout rooms in meetings? Every time I use them, I have several students who can’t get in.
How can I get a Google/Microsoft Forms to automatically mark upcoming test.
What can I use to schedule my parent teacher help desk.